The sun is finally shining in Indianapolis and it looks to be a beautiful day at the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon! With cloudless skies and warm temperatures in the forecast, fear of dehydration comes into play. As Indy Mini participants become acclimated to the warmer weather, maintaining a balanced hydration level is even more pertinent for a safe and successful race. Follow these tips to maximize your potential on race day!
- Regulate your water intake – don’t over or under hydrate! Know how much water you should be drinking daily and use that as a guide.
- Weight multiplied by 0.67 = Ounces of Daily Water Intake
- Add 12 ounces for every 30 minutes of exercise
- Start focusing on hydrating NOW, not just the day before the race!
- Avoid sun and stay rested during days prior.
- Take advantage of the 12 Pit Stations (water stations) located along the Indy Mini course – even if you aren’t thirsty!
- Wear loose fitting and sweat-wicking clothing.
Keep an eye on the forecast and get excited for the 42nd running of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon. Be nice to your body and HYDRATE – your body will thank you!