Congratulations, you took a giant step for your health by registering for a virtual challenge! There’s no limit to how you can log your miles. However, sometimes life gets in the way and finding time for those extra miles can be a challenge. We’re here to help! Here are some almost effortless ways to sneak in some more miles into your day.
- Take a ten minute break from work by going for a walk
- Find a free 30 min fitness class on YouTube
- Park a few spots away from the entrance when running errands or going out to eat
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible
- Set your fitness watch or phone to remind you to get up and move once an hour
- Recommend fun fitness activities with friends and family, like biking, paddling, hiking and more!
- Go for a morning walk with your dog
- If in the office, walk to a coworker to ask a quick question instead of sending an IM or email
- Power walk through a few extra aisles at the grocery store
- Use a smaller cup or bottle for water to sneak some extra steps in for refills!
Good luck and have fun on your virtual challenge!