Health. Moves. Minds.
Physical activity among youth is linked to better physical, mental, and social health as well as better learning outcomes. Physical movement powers a culture of learning, health and happiness in Indiana schools and communities. That's why the 500 Festival and INSHAPE have partnered to launch Mini-Moves,
a free program for Indiana teachers at any grade level, designed to inspire physical movement and instill lifelong healthy habits in Hoosier youth. Mini-Moves
is more than classroom activities and lesson ideas, it’s the foundation of a fundamental change for our state, led by Hoosier kids and educators
Mini-Moves is produced by the 500 Festival
, an Indiana nonprofit responsible for one of the nation’s largest half marathons – the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, in partnership with INSHAPE
, a professional association for educators engaged in the promotion of quality health, physical education, recreation and sport in all Indiana schools. Both
organizations are committed to leveraging the value of Indiana being the home of the
Indy 500 and the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon to further a culture of
running, walking and movement in grades K - 12.
How Does it Work?
Mini-Moves is a free, year-round program designed to inspire physical activity among Indiana’s youth, instilling lifelong healthy habits. Mini-Moves is available to all
Indiana educators teaching students in grades K-12. Educators simply register your class/school
for the 2018 / 2019 Mini-Moves Program and you'll receive a free program kit filled with resources to help inspire movement and ignite your students' physical, emotional, and social learning.
Created by Indiana teachers, for Indiana teachers, Mini-Moves is a flexible, adaptable program that provides Hoosier educators with a menu of options that can be implemented throughout January - June 2019, at a time that's convenient for your class. Options include:
- Customizable Resources: Flexible health and fitness resources that teachers can customize for students of any age - from elementary to high school.
- Turbocharged Experiences: Leverage the value of Indiana being home of the Indy 500 and the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon to inspire your students! Bring the excitement of May to your school! Mini-Moves participants will have access to in-school
activities and events that can extend to additional participation opportunities
for your class to be part of 500 Festival events.
- Fundraising: In-school activities provide the opportunity to raise funds specifically for the advancement of your school’s physical education program, in addition to supporting the advancement of physical education across Indiana and the teachers who are vital to executing it. 100% of funds raised will stay in Indiana. The fundraising option will be launched in Fall 2019.
What’s Included For 2018/2019 Mini-Moves Launch Schools
**NOTE: Your class / school must be registered for the 2018 / 2019 Mini-Moves by Thursday, January 10, 2019 to receive all items listed above.
- Mini-Moves Activity Accelerator – customizable resources
- Information about the fundraising option that will be added in Fall 2019
- FREE 1 year INSHAPE Membership (if you are currently not a member)
- One FREE registration for the 2019 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon or 500 Festival 5K (can be used by teacher or student)
- Mini-Moves t-shirt for teacher
- Mini-Moves rubber bracelet for all participating students
- Exclusive opportunities for Mini-Moves classes to participate in 500 Festival events
- Additional drawings and giveaway opportunities for your class