Employee Wellness Challenge
The 500 Festival Employee Wellness Challenge is a fun, no-cost way for companies of all sizes to promote employee wellness and be part of the excitement leading up to the Indy 500. Whether you're participating in your 43rd OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
or you're taking on your first 500 Festival 5K
, the Employee Wellness Challenge offers participation opportunities for all experience levels! The program is simple to execute (we provide marketing & training resources) and customizable for your employees. There is no cost to enroll a business in the Employee Wellness Challenge. Click here
to register your organization in the 2019 Employee Wellness Challenge.
How do I get my company involved?
Step 1: Chose a Team Captain.
Each company will need a team captain to lead their organization's participation. This person will motivate their coworkers to join your team and will be the 500 Festival's main point of contact. We'll provide your team captain with tons of materials to help your team succeed and make the process fun (including the opportunity to earn rewards)! Don't worry, your team captain can change if necessary!
Step 2: Select Your Level of Registration Support for Employees.
- Fully subsidize registration fees for all employees - This is the most preferred level among organizations participating in the Employee Wellness Challenge and is most successful for employee participation.
- Partially subsidize registration fees - Company pays a % of each employee's registration and the employee pays the remaining amount.
- Employees pay all fees - As an Employee Wellness Challenge participant, your company is still able to provide employees with discounts on registration!
Step 3: Enroll Your Company. The Team Captain will fill out a team registration form here. Once we receive your company's registration, we'll provide your Team Captain with a specific link that your employees will use to register.
Step 4: Get Your Team Signed Up! The Team Captain will reach out to all employees to promote your company's team and details on how to register. We'll work with your organization to create materials and fun opportunities to help you promote your team's registration.
Step 5: Start Training! This is where the fun and team building starts! We’ll provide your team captain with sample training plans, ideas for lunch and learn sessions and more!
There are tons of perks for employees, your company and your team captian!
- Discounts on Mini-Marathon, 5K and Challenge registrations*
- Easy, customized online registration for your employees
- Host an onsite registration drive at your company
- Promotional materials to help recruit your team
- Training materials and resources to help your team
- Opportunitiy for employer to sponsor some or all of employee registration fees
- Start to finish support and accountability to help employees accomplish their goals
- Exposure and engagement opportunities at a world-class event
Awards will be given
to the top companies in three categories*:
- Fastest Team Finish Time - OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- Fastest Team Finish Time - 500 Festival 5K
- Company Participation
Winning company teams will receive a traveling
trophy to display at their office and will be recognized on IndyMini.com, on social media and with a press release.
For any questions about how to get involved with the Employee Wellness Challenge, please contact Helen Khamis at firstname.lastname@example.org