The 500 Festival Employee Wellness Challenge is a great way for companies of all sizes to promote employee wellness, add excitement to team-building, and encourage company participation in the Month of May. Whether you will be participating in your 44th OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
or taking on your first Delta Dental 500 Festival 5K
, the Employee Wellness Challenge offers opportunities for all experience levels and distances!
The program is simple to execute as we provide training resources and marketing materials that can be personalized for your employees. The EWC also offers Indiana businesses with the opportunity to add a little excitement with a head-to-head competition against other companies to win awards for company participation, Mini-Marathon team finish time, and 5K team finish time. There is no cost to enroll your business in the Employee Wellness Challenge and registration is open for 2020!
How do I get my company involved?
Step 1. Chose a Team Captain:
Each company will need a team captain to lead their team motivation and to coordinate with the 500 Festival. The 500 Festival will provide promotional and training materials. Team Captains also have the opportunity to receive a free entry, merchandise, or Athletic Annex Reward based on team growth.
Step 2. Enroll Company:
The Team Captain will fill out a team registration form here
. The 500 Festival will provide the Team Captain with a link to your team's online registration.
Step 3. Get Your Team Signed Up! The Team Captain will reach out to their coworkers with all of the promotional and training materials along with the team registration link.
Step 4. Start Training! It's never too early to start training! We'll provide your team captain with sample training plans, ideas for lunch and learns and resources to inspire success among your employees!
There are tons of benefits for employees, your company and your team captain!
- Healthier, happier employees!
- Discount on registration for Mini-Marathon, 5K and Challenges*
- Awards and recognition
- No cost for companies to enroll in the EWC
- Option for team packet pick-up at the Mini-Marathon Expo
- Opportunity for the employer to sponsor a portion or all of employees' registration cost
- Host a registration drive at your office
- Promotional and training materials provided to help recruit, educate and train team members
- Exposure and engagement opportunities at a world-class event
- Start-To-Finish Support with help from your team members, from that first training run to the finish line
* If team size requirement is met -OR- your company is a 500 Festival Corporate Member -OR- employer sponsors some or all of your registration cost
Awards will be given to the top companies in three categories:
- Fastest Team Finish Time of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- Fastest Team Finish Time of the Delta Dental 500 Festival 5K
- Company Participation
The finish time awards will be awarded to the company whose employees have the fastest average finish time for each event (Mini-Marathon or 5K). The participation award will be given to the company with the highest level of participation (total number of participants divided by company size). All participants must have a finishing time to be included in the numbers. Family members that sign up on the official team roster will be included on the team. Participants that finish the Mini or 5K on the same day will be counted for both events. Company teams must have at least 15 members participate to be eligible for the awards.
We would like to thank all 52 companies who participated in the 2019 Employee Wellness Challenge and congratulate the winners. Winning company teams will receive a traveling trophy to display at their office and recognition on IndyMini.com.
2019 Fastest Team Finish Time Of The OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- Eli Lilly
- State of Indiana
Full results can be viewed here
2019 Fastest Team Finish Time Of The Delta Dental 500 Festival 5K
- Eli Lilly
- Indiana University Health
Full results can be viewed here
2019 Company Participation
- Jackson Systems – 25% of employees participated
- Endress + Hauser – 19% of employees participated
- Blue Horseshoe Solutions – 16% of employees participated
We would also like to recognize Indiana University Health for having the most employees participating in the Mini-Marathon and 5K with 580 participants!