Absolutely no participant is allowed on the course prior to 7:30 am ET. Any participant on the racecourse before 7:30 am will be disqualified and asked to leave the racecourse. The following are strictly prohibited at all times.
- Roller Skates (including in-line skate)
- Bicycles (including hand crank bicycles)
- Motorized or gear-driven vehicles of any kind
- Baby Strollers
- Backpacks (including hydration packs)
All participants are required to wear a bib number that has been assigned to them. Those participants without a visible bib number will be removed from the course. No participant will be allowed to enter the Indianapolis Motor Speedway without a visible bib number.
The Mini-Marathon uses a corral system for a more efficient and organized race start. Please be honest with the assessment of your ability, as you will be placed in a corral based on your run/racewalk/walk status and your estimated finish time. You can use the pace calculator on the Seeding page to find your estimated finish time. As a reference, most walkers complete the Mini-Marathon between 3:15 and 4:00. This corral method is designed to help alleviate passing and congestion throughout the course making your race experience more enjoyable.
Course Time Limit
The Mini-Marathon has a time limit of 4 hours (18-minute mile pace). Participants must be able to maintain the 18-minute mile pace or they will be required to board the trail bus. This limit allows our volunteers to clean and clear the course prior to the streets being open to traffic. Our Back of the Pack crew will be out to mark the time limit and encourage all the participants to keep going! The 18-minute-per-mile time limit begins when the last participant crosses the start line. The Delta Dental 500 Festival 5K will carry a 56-minute time limit for completion.
- Race registration will close once the maximum field is reached, regardless of the date.
- There will be NO race day registration
- There will be NO race day packet pick-up
- Waiver MUST be signed in order to process the application
- There will be NO entry fee refunds