If you're one of the biggest fans of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon, and you're proud of the history and tradition of one of the nation's most iconic races, then apply to serve as a 2021 #IndyMini Ambassador
Indy Mini Ambassadors are some of the most loyal participants of our race. A mix of runners, walkers and wheel chair participants, Ambassadors train, inspire, recruit
, and help
others get excited about the Indy Mini as they introduce them to the fun of running and walking throughout the spring. If the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon is your favorite race, apply to be an ambassador to share your love for the Indy Mini, and earn some pretty sweet perks while you do it!
How do I apply?
Click the button below to complete the online application. It takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. The 2021 #IndyMini Ambassador application process is open Tuesday, September 8 - Sunday, September 27, 2020 (11:59 pm ET). All applicants will be notified of their application status via email by October 31, 2020.
What will I do as an #IndyMini Ambassador?
As an Indy Mini Ambassador, you will be the face of the Greatest Spectacle in Running! You will help to build the hype leading up to the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon through your social platforms and within your network of friends and family. You'll promote 2021 Indy Mini registrations and inspire others to participate in the race. You will be an advocate of the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon in your community and online. You'll also earn awesome rewards and become part of our community of #IndyMini Ambassadors (past and present) - a diverse group of participants of all abilities (runners, walkers, wheel participants, first timers, super experienced) that offer encouragement, inclusivity, motivation, inspiration, group runs, and get togethers (did someone say post-race brunch?!).
Perks of Being an Ambassador
As an Indy Mini Ambassador,
you will receive some awesome perks!
- One (1) free
registration for the 2021 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- One (1) free registration for the 2021 500
Festival Miler Series, presented by OrthoIndy
- Free Indy Mini Ambassador Race Kit, including
Indy Mini merchandise, apparel, etc.
- Lifelong friends and connections within the fitness community
- A private
Facebook group available only to all current Indy Mini ambassadors, created for
you all to share tips, advice, and plan meetups
- Some extra surprises along the way
- Must recruit 10 or more individuals to
participate in this year’s race
- Must be outgoing, engaging, and enthusiastic
about the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and some type of physical activity (running, jogging, walking, wheelchair racing, etc.) - ALL LEVELS!
- Must promote the #IndyMini via your PUBLIC social media accounts and advocate for the 500 Festival in a positive and appropriate way
- Must participate in the 2021 OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
- Must wear OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
gear at local events and community activities to promote the race
- Must complete one volunteer session for the 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group
- Must be willing to distribute race
materials in your community, work place, local gyms, and other healthy lifestyle
- Must become well-versed in all things Indy Mini,
including but not limited to: registration, expo, packet pickup, the course,
race weekend timeline, pit stations, start and finish line, corrals, waves,
- Must attend virtual Ambassador meetings hosted by the 500 Festival
- Must provide Digital Marketing Manager with an Indy
Mini photo and complete a Q&A for
Indy Mini Ambassador Spotlight blog posts.
- Must be willing to engage with participants, answer questions and communicate in the 2021 Indy Mini First Timers Facebook Group
- Must write at least one guest post for the Indy Mini blog on a topic related to running/walking/jogging/wheelchair racing, tips and/or race training
- Must perform 2 outreaches (virtual or in your community) to promote the Indy Mini and recruit participants. Provide Digital Marketing Manager with photos and outreach recap so we can brag about your hard work.
to be an #IndyMini Ambassador and share your passion for the race and running/walking/wheelchair racing, and get great perks for The Greatest Spectacle in Running!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org