REGISTRATION FOR THE 2020 #INDYVIRTUALCHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED
The Indianapolis 500 Mile Challenge and the Indianapolis Freedom 100 Mile Challenge are the latest fitness initiatives created by the 500 Festival to encourage an active lifestyle outside of the Month of May. The Indy 500 Mile Challenge is a virtual program where participants will complete 500 miles of physical activity between June 22 and December 31, 2020. Not quite ready to take on 500 miles? You also have the option to complete 100 miles of physical activity during the same timeframe in the Indianapolis Freedom 100 Mile Challenge.
The Indy 500 Mile virtual challenge lets you log your mileage anytime, anywhere! Participants can log miles by running, walking, wheelchair, biking, swimming, even fitness classes! This virtual fitness experience allows participants to challenge themselves in a fun, new way. Whether spending these months cross-training for your next OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon or need to jump-start your fitness routine, this challenge is the perfect enhancement for all ages and lifestyles.
Participants can select the 500-mile or 100-mile challenge, depending on the amount of mileage they wish to complete. Each option includes a shirt, medal, and other unique goodies! There is even an option to create and join Challenge Teams for additional motivation and encouragement.
Participants can also recruit their friends and family to join! As they refer individuals, they will receive referral perks, such as cashback and free merchandise! Don’t wait to register, the ﬁrst 500 participants will receive a limited-edition shirt, and registration closes after 8,000 participants have signed up.
Join us for this exciting new high-mileage adventure– the Indianapolis 500 Mile Challenge!
How To Complete Your Challenge:
- Register for the Indianapolis 500 Mile Challenge or the Freedom 100 Mile Challenge
- Receive your confirmation email with invites to our leader board, Strava group, private Facebook group, online resources, referral program
- Start logging miles on June 22
- Get on our custom leader board. You'll be able to rank yourself against your friends and other runners from around the United States.
- Challenge your friends and family to take on the Indy 500 Mile Challenge by creating a Challenge Team!
- Receive your participant swag (shirt, medal, pin, and other items)
- Finish the challenge stronger than you ever thought you could.
2020 Important Dates
June 15 - Registration opens
June 22 - First day to log and submit miles
October 31 - Registration closes
December 31 - Last day to log and submit miles